Further to our post of 14th May 2017 on the new Consultation on the Runnymede Borough Council (RBC) Local Plan below are some points you might use in your individual responses. PLEASE NOTE: If you objected last time to the Ottershaw East proposals and you still object, you will need to submit your objection again as the proposals for this site have been revised!
Remember it is still a Local Plan in consultation and this is another opportunity to comment. Responses need to be with RBC by Friday 23rd June 2017 by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to: Planning Policy & Strategy Team, Runnymede Borough Council, Civic Centre, Station Road, Addlestone, KT15 2AH
The Society remains opposed to any reduction in the Green Belt. Once Green Belt is lost, it is lost for ever!
Here are some points you might use in your individual responses:
- Changes to the Green Belt require “exceptional circumstances” Has RBC shown this to be the case.(see Green Belt policy – exceptional circumstances for more details)
- RBC are still proposing 242 units in Ottershaw East/Brox Lane (180+20 residential+40 Brox Lane+2 traveller sites), which represents a 14% increase on the around 1,700 houses already in Ottershaw.
- The plan still includes 40 houses in the site off Brox Lane.
- The need to see a comprehensive statement on how the roads and other elements of infrastructure (eg Surgery, Schools etc) will be improved before any development can be considered.
- If you object to the developers additional proposals for Upper Ottershaw and Great Grove Farm, you should specifically mention these, as either could still come into the plan at a later stage.
- What overall Strategic Planning is happening, as Ottershaw will be affected by other possible and planned developments outside the centre of Ottershaw along the A320/ A319/ B3121 roads. (ie Woodham New Town, Fairoaks Garden Village, St Peters Hospital, Bittams Lane and Longcross North/South)
- What planning is there concerning the major A320 route (Guildford/Woking to M25)?
- Extra traffic will exacerbate already inadequate village centre parking and the need for traffic calming throughout the village.
- Do you agree/disagree with the proposal to distribute Travellers sites around the borough (eg 2 sites at Ottershaw East)?