Oct 032012

There have been occasions when some residents in Ottershaw have been disturbed by the numbers of low flying aircraft over their houses, or by helicopters.  

It is most likely that the aircraft will have come from Fairoaks airport.   If you wish to log a complaint with the airport you can write to:

Lord David Trefgarne, Chairman of FACC, (Fairoaks Airport Consultative Committe), Fairoaks Airport, Chobham, Surrey, GU24 8HU. Alternatively email him at chairman@brooklands.co.uk

Alastair Wang, Secretary of FACC, (Fairoaks Airport Consultative Committee), Fairoaks Airport, Chobham, Surrey, GU24 8HU.  Alternatively e-mail him at alastair@awang.co.uk

Alternatively you can phone the Control Tower at the airport on 01276 857 300 or e-mail atsu@fairoaksairport.co.uk  If you can you should identify the craft and give the exact time and direction of its flight.

For further information about aircraft noise and what you can do about it, refer to this page from the CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) web-site http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=68&pagetype=70&gid=69&faqid=30

The Aviation Environment Federation (AEF) campaigns, for example, for greater consultation between airports and local residents and they have a web-site with useful links http://www.aef.org.uk/ . They also produce a newsletter biannually, “Flying Green”. Read the August issue >

Helicopter flights are not under the same restrictions as for aircraft.   In other words they could well increase in number.   There is a petition you can send to Surrey County Council asking them to take action http://petitions.surreycc.gov.uk/helicopternoise/

The Helicopter Noise Coalition gives more detail about what you can do about this nuisance and how to complain.


You can register with the group and receive their regular newsletters.

 Posted by at 4:04 pm