At the last Fairoaks Airport Consultative committee, on which we have a seat, it was announced that Royal Bank of Scotland (RBC) who own part of the airport have sold their holdings to an American Company ADP. ADP now own approximately 40 acres of the airport but this mainly consists of buildings. Fairoaks Operation Ltd still have control of the operation of the airfield which includes the Control Tower and some hangarage.
The Chairman, Lord Trefgarn, asked the committee for their views as to the future of the Airport. He has called a special meeting of the committee and has requested the CEO of ADP attend. In order that our representative can give some meaningful feedback we would value your views.
Fairoaks sits mainly within the Borough of Surrey heath (SHBC) so we are to a great degree interested bystanders but never the less have an imput to any decisions. SHBC considers Fairoaks as a brown field site and is in their Local Plan for future development.
Some of the possibilities are:
- Update the existing facilities and stay as an operational airfield.
- Stay as an operational airfield with some housing development.
- Develop into a Technology Park with an operational airfield.
- Develop into a Technology Park with some housing development .
- Turn the site totally over to housing development.
Some of the above may well impact heavily on residence of Ottershaw, Ottershaw Park and surrounding roads should housing development be the considered option.
We welcome your thoughts / comments.