Oct 022017
 

Why not get out into the beautiful Surrey countryside to see some of the Autumn colours. According to the internet it is the most wooded county in Great Britain, with 22.4% coverage !
Here is a link to the Surrey County Council walking website with many suggestions/route guides short and long walks across Surrey.

https://www.surreycc.gov.uk/environment-housing-and-planning/countryside/explore-surreys-countryside/walking-in-the-surrey-countryside

 Posted by at 3:26 pm
Oct 022017
 

Thank you to all those who attended our AGM on 26th September 2017.  Thank you also to the 70% of members who have paid their subscriptions for 2017/2018 and a gentle reminder to the remaining 30% ! Please contact Roger at maryandroger@ntlworld.com if you have any query concerning membership.

 Posted by at 3:24 pm
Oct 022017
 

The No Woodham New Town group have recently updated their website with details of McLaren, Runnymede BC, and Elmbridge BC responses. See their website or join their mailing list. https://nowoodhamnewtown.interests.me/

 Posted by at 3:23 pm
Oct 022017
 

Surrey County Council have just launched a consultation concerning the possible introduction of car park charging on some of its rural sites. The sites are Chobham Common, Wisley and Ockham Commons, Whitmoor Common, Rodborough Common and Norbury. Do you want to keep parking free in these areas or do you think Surrey CC are justified […]

 Posted by at 3:22 pm
Sep 222017
 

Runnymede BC are currently conducting a Parking Review of the area.  Of particular note are suggested parking revisions in a Brox Road and Foxhills Road which can be seen on Page 5 of the attached document. Proposal-Plans-Foxhills,-Thorpe,-V-Water-2017 For further details on the consultation and to take part in the review please visit the below website: […]

 Posted by at 10:06 am
Jun 272017
 

Surrey County Council has launched a consultation on proposals to save up to £2 million-a-year from community recycling centres. Have your say on the proposed changes to Surrey’s Community Recycling Centres(CRCs) and help protect essential services. Complete the online questionnaire by 7 August 2017. Further details and the online questionnaire can be found here: https://www.surreysays.co.uk/e-i-directorate-programme-group/shaping-surreys-community-recycling-centres-1/   […]

 Posted by at 6:08 pm
Jun 262017
 

Longcross Village Public Exhibition June 2017 – email   As part of the public consultation for Longcross Garden Village a number of public sessions are being held: Date: Thursday 13th July Time: 4pm – 8pm Date: Friday 14th July Time: 11am – 4pm Date: Saturday 15th July Time: 11am – 4pm As you may be […]

 Posted by at 8:08 pm
Jun 202017
 
RBC's Get Active 50+

With summer fast approaching, RBC’s Get Active 50+ programme continues to help residents to lead a healthier life. Activities include: Bowls Clubs: Runnymede clubs are welcoming new members, visit the Bowls page for club information and contact details. SKiff and Punting: Join the Wraysbury Skiff and Punting Club with a 3month open membership for just £15 […]

 Posted by at 10:01 pm
Jun 122017
 
Meet the Beat event at Brook Hall

There was a very useful “Meet the Beat” event at Brook Hall,Ottershaw on Friday June 9th. Four police officers were present, including Sergeant Sarah White and 10 residents. Points to note from the meeting were: There is no apparent increase in burglaries during the night-time now that street lights are turned off. In fact most burglaries […]

 Posted by at 6:41 pm